Wednesday 22 February 2012

Cards and a Layout using the Sew Ribbon Tools

Hey Everyone,

I purchased the Sew Ribbon templates from Scrap'n With Flair and have made some more cards and a layout with the different templates that I wanted to show you all (I posted some Christmas cards I had made in November with the tools).  These templates are so easy to use and make wonderful additions to any projects.  I highly recommend purchasing them along with the ribbons.

Card #1
 
I used my cuttlebug to emboss the front of the card. 
I used the "leaf" template to stitch down the left side. 
 
I used my spellbinders nestabilities labels 10 dies (pictured below), for the saying, which I purchased from Scrap'n WIth Flair.

Card #2 
I used the "shoelace" template on this card but I added the extra ribbon under the templated stitch.  What I mean is, the angled stitches you see is the "shoelace" template and I thought, why not take the ribbon and run it through the stitches to see how it turned out.  I really like the extra look you can get from this template.  The gem butterfly at the top of the card is white but in this picture it looks yellow. 
The butterfly looks more normal in this picture and it shows off the stitching better.

Card #3
I have to say, this is my favorite card I have made so far.
It just shows how versatile these templates can be.
I used the "flower" template to make the 3 flowers and the "leaf" template to make the leaves. 
I used my sew easy stitching tool to make the stitched stems. 
I LOVE how this turned out!!!!!

I love this saying and thought it went so well with this card.

Layout
I have to say that this layout is very boring but until I know what pictures I am going to put on it, I did not want to add a bunch of embellishments or a title. 
I promise once I have decided on pictures and finish the layout, I will post pictures of it. 
I just wanted an example of what using the Sew Ribbon on a layout would look like.

I used the "weave" template on the layout.

I hope these examples showed how versatile and wonderful the Sew Ribbon templates are.  As I said before, I recommend any crafter purchase these templates to add an extra dimension to their projects.  You can purchase all the templates and ribbon at Scrap'n With Flair along with the Sew Easy tools/fibers as well.

Until next time.
Tami


No comments:

Post a Comment